Our aim is to provide you with the highest levels of service possible and this extends to our flexible and customer-friendly policies.
Please do not return any items to Light Shop Direct without first contacting us by phone or email.
phone: 0113 2568342 (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday)
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to return goods for any reason please supply the following information:-
- Your full contact details.
- Details of the product(s) that you wish to return.
- The reason for return.
- Date of purchase.
- Our order number.
- No returned goods will be accepted unless authorised by us.
We will do everything possible to comply with reasonable requests for returns and will issue any refund due to you as promptly as possible.
- If you are a domestic consumer and you are unhappy with the goods for any reason, you have the right to return them. You must inform us within 14 days of receipt, and you then have a further 14 days after this to send the item back to us. As long as they are returned suitably packaged in new, unused and in a resalable condition* and you pay for the return carriage and insurance, we will replace or refund them as appropriate.
- If you are a business customer then the Consumer Protection Regulations (2000) do not apply and you need to refer to our terms and conditions with regards to returns.
- If incorrect or faulty goods are supplied, we will of course replace or refund these, as appropriate, as quickly as possible. We must receive notification of any problems within 3 working days of delivery of your order.
- If goods are damaged in transit, please keep all documentation and packaging and contact us within 3 days of receipt for instructions.
- If you have ordered goods incorrectly, please contact our sales office to discuss your requirements. Returns of correctly supplied goods must be unused, undamaged, in the original packaging and carriage paid by the customer and may be subject to a re-stocking charge (at our discretion) to cover our expenses. Please note that exchanged items may be subject to re-delivery and administration charges at our discretion: This includes orders which were originally subject to our “free delivery” offer.
- If you are uncertain as to whether or not you are ordering the correct item, please do not order large quantities. If in doubt, either contact us for advice or order a single item to ensure that it is correct before ordering large quantities. Returns of large quantities may be subject to a re-stocking charge, once again this decision is made at our discretion.
- The following products are non-returnable:
- Crompton LED T5, Crompton LED Compact Florescents, Collingwood products & Eglo products. Large Air conditioning units are also non returnable as they are a special order item. (unless found to be faulty) *Re-salable condition also covers the packaging which must be present and in perfect condition. If we are unable to refund we will give the option to have the goods returned to you at your expense.
If you have any concerns or questions please call or e-mail us!
What doesn’t our warranty cover?
In any instance where your bulb has developed a fault, we will do our utmost to replace it or offer a full refund (provided the item is still within its stated warranty period). However, if it becomes apparent that the product has been misused, tampered with or modified in any way, we will view this as having voided its warranty.
‘Misuse” includes, but is not limited to, incorrect operation by the user, use of non-dimmable bulbs on a dimmable circuit or connection to or operation with an unsuitable power supply. ‘Tampering’ or ‘modification’ can be interpreted as any activity designed to alter the product in such a way that it can be used in a manner that wasn’t intended by its original design. This can include rewiring, removing plugs, home repairs or changing components. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to replace any item that has undergone any such process.